January 1, 2012

So Many Books: 2012 Reading Plans

I started thinking about what books I might like to try and read in 2012 over a month ago. The list grew and grew. When I sat down to really start thinking about it last week I realized how incredibly ridiculous it had become so I tossed it out the metaphorical window and tried again. I've reached a more reasonable plan now that is actually achievable instead of merely aspirational.

  • Persuasion by Jane Austen. It seems I have begun rereading an Austen book every year. Over the last three years I've done Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, and Sense and Sensibility. At first I thought I might read Emma but I wasn't feeling it, I kept thinking I'd rather read Persuasion so that's what made it to the plan. I think it will be the third time I've read it.
  • Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka and Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert. I have these listed together because they are connected. Both books are the only ones in Nabokov's Lectures on Literature that I have not read or read recently enough to remember well. I read Madame Bovary about six years ago. ...
    http://somanybooksblog.com/2011/12/31/2012-reading-plans/

No comments:

Post a Comment